Wednesday 15 March 2017

Dare... Mo Manning DT



How are my blogging friends? Are you having a wonderful week? We are right in the middle of it, and I am here today to share with you my first DT project for Mo Manning.


For my return to the fabulous Dream Team, I chose the fabulous "Dare" as my main image. Every time I looked at this image and wonderful quote, I could imagine it framed and on a wall or shelf, so I decided to create an altered frame and use it as birthday gift. 



First I began working on the frame, which originally was lightly coloured wood. I covered the frame with Distress Crackle Paint, working with various levels of crackles, to give it more of an interesting look. 
This is the effect it acquired, after leaving it to dry and adding Walnut Stain Distress ink in the crackles for more contrast. 




You can notice the different sizes of cuts, which make it very beautiful. Obviously, the centre and focal point needed to be the wonderful Mo Manning image; so I only added to the frame a gold coloured embellishment in each corner. 


Image is coloured with Copics,  and the metal brads, sentiment and papers are from my stash. 





I hope that I hear from you what do you really think about this project. It would be fun if you leave a message here, but you can also come and join us for some Clubhouse fun on our Fb page, HERE, and if you have already used this image before, you can share your link it with me. 

If this is the first time that you've seen this Digital image and would like to give it a try, you can purchase it instantly, by clicking HERE. It is not a complicated image to colour, and it's really a wonderful one for a man's card or gift!! 




Big hugs to you, and I hope you have a wuuunderful week!!! Blessings sent your way my friend. 

I shall enter this project into Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge

Hear from me soon!!
Hugs, Rosette

9 comments:

  1. WOW Rosette, this is stunning! Your colouring is so beautiful and I love the colours! The frame is gorgeous too.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina. you're always so kind with your comments xxx I really appreciate your encouragement. God bless you sweetie xx

      Delete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous!! That image is really cool and I think I'd like that for my stepdad. He likes to fly so am going to look into it now. Great coloring as well!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Eulanda!! I'm happy that mo will get a new purchase, and I'm sure that your stepdad will be very happy with your card!! Let me know about it and I'll come and see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous work! I love the image and the way you have framed it. Just perfekt.
    Eva from Austria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva dear xxx your sweet comments make me smile. hugs, R xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Rosette,

    I am almost speechless from the beauty of this framed image of Mo's. Your colouring is AWESOME.
    I love the antiquing of the frame as well. Just beautiful!!!

    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candy dear xxx You are sooo kind!! Big hugs

      Delete
  6. Beautiful creation. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and we hope to see you again in April.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete